Art Education Facts:
1. Arts and Music education programs are mandatory in countries that rank consistently among the highest for math and science test scores, like Japan, Hungary, and the Netherlands.
2. Researchers find that sustained learning in music and theater correlates strongly with higher achievement in both math and writing.
3. New brain research shows that not only does music improve skills in math and reading, but it promotes creativity social development, personality adjustment, and self worth.
4. Research suggests that studying a second language is essential to the learning process, creative inquiry, and critical thinking. Foreign language studies have proven to increase problem-solving skills and overall cognitive development.
5. Federal funding for the arts and humanities rolls in around $250 million a year, while the National Science Foundation is funded around the $5 billion mark.
For the complete list click here